Friday, August 04, 2017

wonderful

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and for you
And I say to myself what a wonderful world.

~ R. Thiele and G. Weiss
The Wheel of Fortune is stopping by again today. The odd thing is that my brain registered The World, not Wheel. Yet the song that came to mind works well enough. My focus this morning isn't the turning or the ups and downs, but the green on those fig leaves.

Sometimes, tossing aside the prescribed meanings of a card offers more insight. This'll be one of those times. Tuning into the happy fig leaves, I think of change through growth. Which is gradual and often steady. There's growth and healing here. No whirling dervish activity, not a constant spinning, but a slow turn. From sprout, to bud, to leaf, to blossom, to fruit it is all a gentle process. And for a Friday, it's nice The Wheel has slowed down to let us enjoy the sights.

So.

While the world and The Wheel turns, remember your roots and that they still anchor you into place. Know that movement today can still be a gentle progression despite any crazy in your neighborhood. You are a child of the Universe and even though it seems to spin out of control sometimes, you're still a part of it. Just gotta hook in and hang for the ride.

The Everyday Tarot

No comments: