Wednesday, July 01, 2015

self-ish

This is the work I do. A little home office management. A fair amount of animal husbandry, including in-home veterinarian triage stuff. This week, it's a rooster with snuffles. (The little bastard is less than grateful going for my arm each time I change his medicated water or feed him. Makes me wonder why I'm bothering to let him live.) There is the usual house chores which are ignored on varying levels depending on certain degrees of urgency. Garbage in summer is generally top of that list. Dishes fall second. Human dispatch isn't required of me much now that school is out and most of the people in the household can manage themselves.

So. In between, I paint. Often in the journal. Like today. After the rolling thunderstorm, after two cups of morning tea. It's the work I do.

No comments: