Thursday, May 29, 2014

noticing

As I write my Morning Pages, sometimes in the morning, sometimes later, I ask myself, What am I noticing? What's recorded isn't always what the eye can see. A feeling may steal itself in for attention ~ fleeting sadness, a touch of anger, unmitigated joy, occasional boredom. Physical sensations may speak up in that moment. My feet are cold, the seat isn't soft, the pen in hand glides smoothly across the page, oh, and the tea with honey and half and half is delicious! A simple state of Embodiment. Sure, I notice what I see and that is recorded too. The leaves are green and grown in full on the trees. The lake, shimmering, can be glimpsed through those leafy branches. She winks and sparkles, inviting me to stand at her shore, notice more ~ the mountain, the sky, the fish swimming by. In those moments, what I notice more than anything is Connection to Source.

What have you noticed today?

At the gazebo by the lake.

Dappled leafy shadows on the road I walk.

Today's medicine wheel.

This young buck visiting the chickens for dinner.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Beautiful observations... I especially like the gazebo by the lake... It's amazing what I see when I open my eyes and shut my mouth...

Ashling said...

A good reminder.....I love morning coffee on the porch for that reason....a chance to be, observe, feel....