Saturday, March 22, 2014

cornea

According to my Aftercare Instructions, I have been diagnosed with a corneal abrasion, a scratch on the eye. A simple little occurrence involving paper and wind. Go figure. I've had a corneal abrasion before. A very long time ago xmas tree hunting. Never went again. Xmas trees pretty much come to you ~ no need to lose an eye over it all. The moment the paper whipped into my left eye I knew the cornea had been scratched again. That knowledge on a Friday afternoon also meant time in the ER later in the evening.

I was sent home with antibiotic ointment and the aforementioned instructions.

I did, however, learn something interesting about the cornea: If afflicted with an abrasion, it can heal within a day. It is one of the fastest healing areas of the body. Good thing for a variety of evolutionary reasons I won't venture into right now.

Which brings me to Gelatos. I'm really not sure what to do about them. So me and the afflicted left eye spent time in the studio to smush and shmear the delicious colors with a damp paper towel. I'm not feeling one way or another about it all and I think it might be another manifestation of artistic sludge. Sometimes the neatest things for art out there aren't helpful.

So. What can I go back to? Ink pen? A Southpaw Sketch? And then it's funny how a tiny scratch on my cornea seems to have me feeling exhausted. Then I go back to the Big Ass Red Chair cocoon and TV. Grimm on Hulu, perhaps.

Feeling that raspberry moment.

No comments: