Wednesday, February 26, 2014

making a mess

My day has been spent on less than satisfying activities. Evening finds me finally in the studio catching up on e-mails and Facebook and creating a few things, by golly. I'm behind on the art journal due to lack of time. Although, there really isn't such a thing as being "behind" in art journal creating ~ I'm doing it when I can. Where I am now. Beginner's Mind. A need for making a non-committal mess came to the fore. The spread coated in gesso, a paper plate ready for tempera paints, water and brushes. And then . . . I made a mess.

Best to let it sit overnight and see what comes to the surface tomorrow. The important thing: I had a good, relaxing time anyway. Precisely what  I needed.

First, aimless turquoise squiggles . . .

then another layer of white and silver . . .

finally, some crazy magenta before putting it to bed for the night.
See what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Ashling said...

Never underestimate the power of just Being, letting it carry you....