Monday, January 06, 2014

I ruin tea

Technically, that is. I ruin tea. I have a variety of teas. I have two go-to herbs, in embarrassing amounts, dried hiding in the Lazy Susan ~ the only place they'll fit in my kitchen ~ nettles and oatstraw. Those are infused ala Susun Weed. The teas, however, are handled differently. There's the bagged variety lying about ~ Republic of Tea, PG Tips, Tazo. There are the loose, full-leaf teas ~ Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, Genmaicha (an earthy favorite these days). Those loose-leaf varieties are all purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs. I recently purchased (at half price, thank you) a tea . . . thingy or some technical tea item I can't remember the word for from Samovar. I watched the tea videos that came with my purchase. Lovely, interesting information and exact directions on how to brew their lovely Ocean of Wisdom and Ryokucha teas (also included in my half-price package). And that's all well and good and ducky. However. I really like to add honey and half-n-half to my tea. Any tea. Except anything with lemon or hibiscus ~ which I rarely bother with because I can't add honey and half-n-half without it curdling. Technically, that is ruining tea. My confessional for a Monday.

Meanwhile, in the studio today (with tea) . . .

Tea bowl at the ready, the Twelve Nights of Solstice recently offered by Cat Caracelo is ready for binding.

My studio mascot, Obiwan Kenobi, naps on his heated bed as the birds dine in the window.

Golden wings . . .

an old key and Pan . . .

talking to the mycelium . . .

a mermaid, by golly . . .

something Crow showed me . . .

Elen of the Ways meets me again . . .

climb the ladder.
The Smilebox is a flip for all 12 pages.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


A journal spread using cut out paint chips created from the Fiskars AdantEdge Punch System . . .

the other half awaiting ruminations.

No comments: