Tuesday, January 14, 2014

getting it out of my system

Feeling under the weather, having had plenty of weather over me ~ snow, ice, rain. So with a bit of a cold, not much has been going on in the studio the past couple of days. There's a fair dent in the Big Ass Red Chair from a warmly cocooned body in repose watching Northern Exposure (the full collection, thank you) and Cadfael (though I'm still miffed Netflix removed the series). That is about as much activity as I could muster. And home made chicken soup. Made by me.

Having finally reached the level of Stir Crazy this evening after a light dinner, I ventured over to the table to play with another spread while watching and listening to Effy for BOD 2014. Inspiration . . .
Tie-dye paper napkins plied with matte medium . . .
then a layer of gesso . . .

charcoal sketch of my left hand (been awhile) . . .

playing with my favorite negative spaces . . .

and letting that black paint scream across the page.
Now we let this image sleep on it for the night.

No comments: