Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Mythic Thread

Cat Caracelo's VisionQuest 2013 is coming to an end.
It has been an interesting sojourn for me.
Discovering creative dark corners, depths to plumb, the making of new things in new ways.
This is my parting piece for this course I've titled Tides.
It is made of handspun wool (Corriedale, I think), a clay face by Lyn Belsile, driftwood, 
beads and found objects.
Soon enough, I'll be deeply engaged in VisionQuest 2014, an early xmas prezzie to myself.

My Mythic Thread Tides.

It's the little things coming together I enjoy . . .

bright beads, shiny wire, fuzzy art yarn strands . . .

strands of old necklaces, fat glass beads, knitting pattern with a million mistakes . . .

the precious clay face adorned with threads, beads and swan down . . .

it all comes together for something . . . personal and mythic.

No comments: