Tuesday, October 29, 2013

gone fishing (escapism 2)

Yesterday, we shirked a few responsibilities and went out on the Sound. Initially, I was just going to let Dirk go out with his brother for some Man Time, but as he was getting himself together, I figured fresh salty air might do me some good. The last time I was on Jim's boat was over a year ago, near summer. It was hot, I was bounced around. Though I hadn't eaten much on that sojourn, towards the end of the day, I'd tossed my chum o'er the port bow. Jim decided we were done fishing at that point and turned the boat toward land.

So I've learned, as of yesterday, going on the Sound might be better for me when it's cooler and certainly when the waters are calmer. Add a shorter time out on the water into that equation and one has a fine day of fishing without chum chucking. We caught nothing but memories of a nice day on the Sound. And that's fine ~ at least memories don't have to be scaled and gutted.

We anglers three . . .

Cap'n Jim with salty Sound stories . . .

Dirk at the bow waiting for black fish . . .

An angler cloud gazing.

1 comment:

Ashling said...

Ah--but did you catch anything?