Sunday, October 06, 2013

exploration

There is something to doing what one says one is going to do ~ even if the dialog is internal. Last night, after painting a layer from the Bloom True course, I said to myself I'd come down to paint first thing in the morning instead of sitting in meditation. Sometimes, painting needs to be the meditation. And I made this plan based on the strong, palpable connection felt while applying and moving paint with brushes and fingers. I want more of that connection in solitude, before addressing anyone else's needs, in peace. Not that I have a problem being in service and co-creation with my family and the keeping of house and the animal husbandry ~ it's just that a woman body needs more than to be Of Service. Or perhaps it could be said a woman needs to be Of Greater Service to her soul's needs. I needed paint and a cuppa with time to explore the Ecstatic.

So as not to wake my slumbering family, the iPod was put into service playing Anugama, Sweetness of the Earth, as I blind dance painted over my earlier attempt. (Bennie noticed water had been sprayed onto the canvas before applying the paint ~ which I neglected to do at my first go-around. I saw it made a difference after Bennie's creation.) There is nothing like letting one's fingers glide through paint on the canvas or paper or wood or stone. It is direct, primal, visceral. As much as I enjoy some technical skill at drawing and painting, the free-form movements of fingers in paint on surface pings. It sends a signal to Source ~ I am here. I am listening. Tell me the story of this moment ~ a story that can only come through me because it is my story of Life. That same signal would move through you. Then your stories of Life in that moment, the ones only meant to come through you, would be seen by the World. I've got a pretty good idea everyone has this connection. It's just not always through painting. That shouldn't keep folks from trying to paint though. There are over a billion pathways to God Hirself as there are over a billion people on this Earth.

This is the morning I needed.

The second, more fluid, attempt at some blind dance painting.
My morning meditation.

The layer I played with last night on the other canvas.

Other stuff in progress on the Table of Candle Conflagration.

Bennie playing with her painting this morning.

Bennie's blind dance painting.

No comments: