Friday, September 06, 2013

back to school

Yes. First day. Actually, it all went better than I thought it would. Maybe it's because I only had to dispatch two humanoids instead of three. No matter. The day was done and I was able to spend some time creating. First, I shared the state of my studio with Milliande on her Facebook page. (The Ning site is shutting down soon.) It doesn't look like a whole lot is going on, but the photo was taken early in the morning.

The day was a meander from that point on ~ sharing a journal spread, going through course materials, creating a medicine wheel . . . just a gentle, seamless moving from one thing to another. Including a few domestic chores.

My main focus was to create my Seeker for Finding Gypsy. Playing with watercolor, on smoked paper using salt and rubbing alcohol and then borrowing a painted face from the internet. Before I knew it, everyone was home. Though, it was a Friday with a Monday feel, it was a good day ~ all the better knowing the weekend is underway.

The studio in early morning.
And then a little later in the day.
My Seeker image.
A loose gesture sketch of the same face for 29 Faces.

**29 Faces link HERE**

4 comments:

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

Lovely faces!

artatag said...

Your drawing is awesome

artatag said...

Your drawing is awesome

Cozycomfycouch said...

Omg look at your workspace!!! Wow beautiful! The view! Your artwork is beautiful!!