Tuesday, September 10, 2013

additions to the family

This past Sunday was Bennie's birthday. She'd been wanting ducks so we took a ride. Got some duck(ling)s. And a pair of turkeys. The ride back was mildly amusing with four ducklings peeping and a large Tom turkey bumping into my elbow. Luckily, it was a mellow ride. Getting them out was another thing.

Since we acquired new feathered friends and knowing winter is happening sooner rather than later, it was also time to re-vamp the coop. Which Dirk and I did today. As a result, not much creative activity in the studio, but a fine sense of animal husbandry accomplishment makes up for the loss.

Forgot to mention the Datura!

The Quartet.

The Duke and Duchess of Skywalker.
Duke is trying to show off for Duchess (the white hen behind him)

A few of the boys getting ready to roost.
It was a little confusing for the flock which required Dirk and I to round up a few.

An odd collaged face inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

**29 Faces link HERE **

4 comments:

Shirley Douglass said...

Oh how exciting! I love chicken and ducks. Wish I had the space for them (I live in an apartment). But will visit your site and live vicariously through you. :-)

Coreopsis said...

Your face is a striking portrait! Great technique, and results.

Ruth said...

I love roosterville!

And I have future duck egg envy.

Ila East said...

You did a great job on her face. I like the collaged hair. Wish I had thought of that. Hair is definitely not my best subject.