Thursday, September 26, 2013

activity

I slide into these sometimes. These fuzzy times of Do Nothing. It's not boredom or ennui or even the dread Artistic Block. It's what Jill Badonsky refers to as Lull. I'm in Lull Time. So I do a little of this and a little of that and I keep up on my personal studies in tiny increments. What matters is I'm doing something even though I'm doing Nothing. It is a practiced art.
A wheel I'm working on in one group . . .

A Moonshine: Mother spread . . .

Mother detail . . .

and closer in.

A BOD 2013 spread . . .

and again sans hand.

Child of the Universe spread . . .

the lyrics by Karen Drucker . . .

me as a child.

Today's spread using gel medium and stencil to create texture . . .

my self-portrait . . .

the blank, textured page waiting for words.

No comments: