Tuesday, August 13, 2013

courting the blank pages


After almost a week of errands and other busy-ness, I am able to get some journal page creating done. The plan is only just barely perceptible at the moment. At least taping the gutter with penguin-printed duct tape and applying gesso is a step in the correct direction. There is a wildness, wilderness, I want to find in this white space. Perhaps it's the present reading material. Or maybe a need to break some inner, self-imposed confinement. Whatever the reason, there's a sense of needing to let the paint fly, let primal images appear of their own accord. I want to face this blankness fearlessly and without preconceived notions.

But first, I shall bake cookies. Not to worry ~ it's the quick mix stuff. I love the family, but not enough to completely abandon the creative urge.



Blogalong With Effy #1

2 comments:

Shirley Hill said...

penguin printed duct tape, eh? LOL Being creative on your gutter, are we? :)

Cynthia Lee said...

I wrote today about being an all or nothing person and it has been applied to art journaling as well. I want to be obsessed, I want to sit down and do it all at once, to spend myself on the page. But life does not allow that. what is the option? do nothing? no, no, it can't be. Doing what we can in little spaces of time is enough. Ten minutes of focused attention can change everything.