Friday, August 16, 2013

a Friday fling

Of paint, that is. Not needing to run errands today found Bennie and me in the studio painting. She is trying out oils on canvas for the first time. I'm working on my Wild Woman image in my journal in acrylics. We watched (listened to, really) Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday vlog a little late. Then a long haul of Philip Carr-Gomm's Druidcraft in audio book. Now it's just some shamanic stuff to keep the energy going.

While painting, aside from the book and music, we heard the ambient sounds of life going on around us. Ian cursing the latest video game. Dirk on the phone. Roosters crowing with occasional cackle of a hen or two. A tree falling somewhere outside our window. No one was around. Trees make sounds ~ whether standing or falling. We heard it, but haven't located the fallen tree yet. A new adventure. In the meantime, we are enjoying our time in the studio.

How I left her last night.

The progression from this morning . . .

wild hair with copper accents . . .

golden eye with copper, blue eye with silver.
In trying to decide which color wolf eyes to use, Bennie made the nifty suggestion of doing both.
She informs a great deal of my artwork these days.

Bennie trying her hand at oils with the Denver Daisies image she photographed earlier this summer.

Blogalong With Effy #1

7 comments:

Shirley Douglass said...

Oh my! I love this! She is just marvelous!

How did Bennie like the oil paints? I own some (came in a kit someone gave me as a gift), but have never tried them.

Raine said...

Your painting is GORGEOUS! I love the eyes. They almost look photographed...especially the gold one! What a fabulous piece of art!

Shirley Hill said...

I love watching the development much like watching a sunset go to darkness

Ariel Gill said...

Aaaaahhhhh. Speechless.

Debbie said...

Her eyes are a.maze.ing!!

Wendy said...

Your wild woman seemed to emerge from the page. I love the eyes. The eyes grab hold of you and don't let you go. Love the wildness of your painting! Wendy

Ashling said...

Truly sounds idyllic...