Thursday, July 25, 2013

the Moss Maiden and gratitude

It was Napkin (as texture) week at BOD 2013 and I had nary a napkin as demonstrated by Effy and others. So, letting Ingenuity slip in the side door, I used a thread bare linen napkin in place of separated paper napkins. Trance music has a way of excavating emotion as I paint and this session was no exception. I got to thinking how sometimes I might be too overbearing for some people, that I might scare them with my exuberance or be off-putting. That lead to the gratitude I feel for the communities I've signed on for and how they let me be, well, me. I may feel a little bugged that I'm ignored sometimes, but then I remember that it isn't all about me and I move on with my silly self, returning to Gratitude.

Return to Gratitude . . . I am grateful for the space(s) I have for creativity, my health, my family, my home, and so on the list goes. As the Gratitude settled in, Moss Maiden emerged. She even has left me spaces for writing in later. I'm thankful for that too.

Linen napkin and Mod Podge.

The Moss Maiden sketch.

Moss Maiden, ancient youth, waits for ruminations.

No comments: