Saturday, July 13, 2013

building the mental temple

In Effy Wild's Moonshine summer course, we are invited to go on a journey to create or find our Inner Divinity or Temple. I am, at best, an antsy trancer ~ especially if it's recorded. So I have a happy medium between deep, attentive trance journeying and engaged activity. I will doodle and write the story of the journey as it unfolds. I don't pay attention to what the words or pictures mean in that moment. It's like I'm taking dictation. Then when I'm Top Side again, I read through what was written to find a thread for the next creative step. It all sort of looks like this . . .

The spread with a coat of gesso in the big book . . .

The vision for my Inner Divinity Temple sketched and inked . . .
(Yes. It's a Southpaw Sketch, but bear with me.)
Color added with acrylic paints . . .

Not wanting to waste paint, I brought in the CAPI Full Circle assignment . . .

More acrylics spread on with a brayer . . .

Detail of My Inner Divinity Temple.
It was a joy to get this process all done during my Vigil.

No comments: