Tuesday, April 09, 2013

birthday goodies

A sweet little brown black goat.

Yeah, I say it's my birthday, but not today. It was this past Sunday. However, I got stuff yesterday! My dear friend, Ruth, sent me a Birthday Care Package of awesomeness (becoming a Whiner Forty-Niner requires some care). A box was sent via a lovely ceramic artist, Mary Harmon of Crone's Crafts, which contained the sweetest goat and a yarn bowl. It's hard to see in the photo, but the goat's glazing has flecks of mica or something to make her iridescent and has such a lovely personality. The yarn bowl has gingko leaves scribed into the side near the holes. A really nifty gift!

The real stunner, for me at least, was opening an envelope to find collage cards created by Ruth (who says she's not creative, by the way). These images will be included into my SoulCollage® deck.

Beautiful functionality.
Tomorrow, Grace and Kirsten, my local BFF's are whisking me away from the Everyday for a picnic lunch. Something I am looking forward to with great anticipation.

Beauteous cards.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm so glad that you posted pics of the nanny goat and the bowl. I was wondering which ones Mary might have sent to you. :-)

Yeah, creative. "Here. Have a cookie. Astral Racoon commands you!"

What do those cards mean to you? I'd like to know what you see.