Saturday, March 30, 2013

showing up

Playing with blue, purple and white.
Like anyone else, I have my bouts of artistic ambivalence. Doubts linger, I procrastinate. I'll find some form of mind candy to dull the fear of approaching the easel and painting. Really, it shouldn't be a big deal. Not wanting to waste paint or wreck a canvas is not a good reason to show up in the studio. So, while this attempt thus far seems half-hearted and hesitant, it was enough to be at the easel to paint this piece of clear gesso-ed plywood. I played with the acrylic paints using brush, brayer and then spraying the surface with green and blue Tattered Angel glimmer mist. We'll see what the next few days bring.
Added some black and then started rolling white.

As it stands now . . . awaiting a vision.

No comments: