Monday, November 12, 2012

impending creativity

The fat moon journal.
As mentioned sometime ago, the present journal is now fat with experiences, emotions and images. Rather than shop for new journal parts (not that I'd have a problem with art shopping), I thought I try my hand at an altered book journal. Gleaning a few hints from iHanna's Blog, I started ripping the centers of signatures out. This was not easy as the book is actually a lovely Audobon Society pictorial and there were images I wanted to use for future journal imaging/writing. Some photos had to be ripped out, but I figure I can reincorporate them in future creations.

So. That part is done. The next step will be painting the cover with gesso or creating a collage using Mod Podge (what holds the Universe together, by golly) and other stuff. I am excited about moving on to a new volume with fresh insights and nonsense yet ambivalent to leave behind the present tome as it's become a fine friend in the past year. I took a look back with an eye toward the future.
Stuff from the inside at around mid-Summer . . .

Late summer . . .

Early autumn . . .

and again . . .

kind of now-ish . . .

This Good Earth waiting reformation . . .
with lovely photos.

No comments: