Sunday, September 23, 2012

pomegranate

The alter properly dressed with pomegranates and
mini pumpkins.
This seeded fruit seems to be grabbing at my attention lately. The time of year has something to do with it. Autumn. Persephone headed back to Her adopted land leaving Demeter top side awhile. Altars and dining tables laden with the fruit in homage to such travels we all might take at this dark half of the year. Serendipity being what it is, I found Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor in a local library basement. Memoirs of a mother/daughter journey through Greece. So far I'm enjoying the story of two women at different times in their lives in the same place. I just want to paint everything in a pomegranate red ~ going to Hades in a hand basket . . .

And so this morning I created my journal page for today using some fun new stuff. Bennie and I were all a-glee finding Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist spray (nods to Effy) and interesting stencils. This page saw the use of these new mediums along with a few favorites lying about in the studio: Liquitex Acrylic Ink in Quinacridone Magenta, Sepia Micron pen, Blick Premium Tempera in gold, Inkssentials opaque white pen and, of course, Mod Podge. Ruminations at 11:00.

Of pomegranate musings . . .

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You really captured the shine of the arils. Beautiful!!!!