Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday studio sojourn

Boxes! Fear the whimsy!
A sweet opportunity to Slow Down. Well, except for making French Onion Soup ala Julia Child. It will all be worth it though. It's just us Girls here tonight. Bennie and me, soon to be joined by Grace and Lea ~ all soup and libations. Needful things.

In the meantime, I've started a dangerous collection of ~ cigar boxes. Ever since working on my Ancestor piece, I've become enamored of making dioramas. Seeing the full cigar boxes at the local convenient store, I asked them to hold them for me since they just throw them away. (The local smoke shop wants $1 for them and they're usually the thick cardboard ones. Though those could be handy too.) Dirk nabbed two of them for me the other day. And I kept the blueberry container from the Farmers' Market . . . Things are percolating at a dangerous rate.

In the meantime, I leave you with meanderings about the studio.

It's all about the flowers.


It's all about Sanctuary.

P.I.P. ~ Play In Progress.

The third layer of color under wraps
until the paint and gel medium set.
This is my 6th Gate imagery. It should get
clearer as we go. I hope.

The next journal entry . . .

1 comment:

Ashling said...

Mmmm...onion soup and lazy days. Perfect!