Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday in the garden (or Moving Rocks)

A row of flat rocks to prevent Dirk from
mowing everything down.
As I lie in bed between sleeping and waking this morning, I had an idea of what I wanted to do with the tree in the latest painting on the easel. Then I went out to the garden with my morning PG Tips and had a different idea. We moved rocks instead. Bennie managed the visual chronicling of today's weighty endeavor.

Enjoy!

In the meantime, it's time for Aleve and the newly acquired Hunger Games DVD.
The garden proper.

Laying in flat pieces of terra cotta
as stepping stones.

Lining the beds with bricks in an effort to cut down
on weed growth.

One of Bennie's famous Blossom Shots.
It's cucumber.

And here's squash.

Yum! Bell pepper!

Landscape Guy.

Black-eyed Susan.

Layout between the beds.

Trying another perspective.

And another.

Yet another.

Delighted to find that some of the
Forget-me-nots actually remembered to
stick around.

A new garden altar.

The altar for the Fae moved from the encroaching
bamboo to the garden.

1 comment:

Ashling said...

Such diligence, discipline and hard work...and such lovely results! Enjoy the well-earned rest.