Thursday, July 12, 2012

a break from navel gazing

Sketching out the Bookman Old Style font.
Sometimes, you gotta stop, look up and look around. This would be my time. Kimberly is coming down to sell her fibers, spun and unspun, at our local farmer's market. I will be spending this Saturday spinning and minding the table as needed.

But first, we need a sign. Thankfully, it's not in the form of omens or prognostication. Simply a painted one. Which I had fun doing. For someone else. For once. I am an Aries after all.

By the way, the name of the place is: Lone Birch Farms. Thank Gods, I spelled it correctly on the sign!
Sometimes, it's better to work on letters upside down.
Then it's like working on art.

Now it just needs to birch leaf which should be coming
down from upstate with Kimberly.

No comments: