Tuesday, July 31, 2012

an x-files sort of day

The gray sort of day out my big window.
The weather is in a wishy-washy, ambivalent gray sort of mood. Great for getting new plants in the ground ~ not so great for basking or lounging by the lake. So we're staying indoors with windows open (the breeze is nice) and making use of the Netflix account. Having all nine seasons of X-Files at my disposal is something I adore. I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post.

While Mulder and Scully do their investigative work on the paranormal and extraterrestrial, I spin yet more of the fine brown alpaca. Somewhere along the way, I spun in a small bit of brightly colored silk Kimberly had given me. So buried in the spool of tawny brown are bright flashes of magenta and teal for about, I don't know, three yards. Makes knitting a hat fun wondering where the color is going to appear in the stitching. A little something to look forward to this autumn.

Speaking of which, the beginning of autumn is tomorrow ~ Lammas, Lughnassadh. Makes the rest of summer bittersweet.
Mulder and Scully sleuthing mysterious murders in
this particular episode.

The Millie waiting for a little X-Files time.

Filling up the last bobbin with alpaca.

No comments: