Wednesday, June 06, 2012

stuckville

I am in this town of Stuckville for a myriad of reasons. The Everyday impinges on my time. Not news here, I know, but it is what it is. There are occurrences and events that pop up like daisies to steal yet more time from me. They are, by their very natures, insistent and time sensitive and important (or pretend to be). General Lack-of-Focus and his cronies Major Boredom and Corporal Ennui (yes, a French fellow) do little to help me motivate the Troops toward any comprehensive destination resembling creativity. Instead of feeding my soul, I'm chasing the Dust Bunnies and dealing with the older, more worn cobwebs in certain corners of the house. (One has to respect the construction of a new web. Less bugs for the most part.) Dishes and laundry are being tended to in their respective locations of the Kitchen and the Laundry Room. The Office work is being monitored and managed by me (to the best of my sorely-lacking abilities) while The Man is on site ~ many e-mails, many phone calls, many happy returns.

So. What to do? In Stuckville? Last night I grabbed an empty journal page and just created a random collage, limiting myself to just two magazines for gleaning images. This is as far as I got before the Sandman tapped me on the shoulder with instructions to lie down and read, perchance to sleep.

Now. What words will come to me to go along with this page?

1 comment:

Ashling said...

It's a bear when what we want to do gets buried in an avalanche of what we MUST do. I'm longing for an end to coop building and getting the plants we keep buying in teh ground so that the tendonitis ends and I can get back to knitting, spinning and felting. So I feel your pain. Good for you for hanging in there even a little!