Friday, June 01, 2012

creating a container

It was a little thing. Sometime ago, Susan Piver announced the offering of Practitioner Level on the Open Heart Project allowing folks to kick up a notch in their meditation practice. I thought to myself, Golly. I'd like to go on to the next level.

I looked at the practice outline provided which included daily e-mails, a book club, membership forum, a virtual meditation retreat, webinars, check-in conference calls and a 7-day end-of-year mini retreat . . . and then I saw the bottom line. Oh well. Well outside the budget at this time.

Ah, but wait! Scholarships were being offered! So I sent an e-mail asking to be included on the list for scholarships and then set about the business of Waiting. Which I don't do very well at.

So, in the meantime . . .

I went through my house to find the first book on the Book Club list acquired 20 years ago but never read. Back story on that here . . .

I read said book for the first time through delighting in many new interesting perceptions . . .

A folder was created in my e-mail account just for all things related to the Open Heart Project . . .

And, just in case, because I'm not the very best at Waiting, I e-mailed Susan again about finding the book, how I was enjoying it and PLEASE included me on the scholarship list . . .

My mind and heart created a space, a container, for something I desired. That space was filled. Like water in an empty chalice. Like seeds in the furrow. Like dust bunnies under the couch. I made the container specifically for participation in the Open Heart Project Practitioner Level and the e-mail arrived this morning informing me of an awarded scholarship. Cool beans!

I guess it's the best magic there is . . . Making Space.

2 comments:

Ashling said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations! When?

Ruth said...

Lovely stuff.