Thursday, May 10, 2012

broth & bones

Doesn't that just look yummy?
Over night, I let this recipe simmer in my slow cooker. I got parts, beef parts that is, and made myself a broth. Never made a broth like this before. I have to say, it was such an easy deal, I'll be happy to do it again.

For the first time ever in my tiny little life, I tried beef bone marrow spread on a lightly buttered slice of toast. It was savory and earthy and tasted like it was just what my body needed.

The dogs have been enjoying the bones all day. And I feel like I've made some healthy, homey food. The Youths won't agree, but I'm not catering to the whims of their palettes.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That looks delicious. From whence did you obtain those lovely bones?

Mmmm. Marrow. Never tried it on toast - I just suck it out of the bone. :-)

I was looking online for crockpot recipes yesterday and was disgusted by how many of them called for packages of salad dressing mix or cans of creamed soup. Really? Blech.