Thursday, April 12, 2012

mystical mundane

Yum! A dogwood!
According to Caroline Myss in Sacred Contracts, you wouldn't want to be a Mystic due the "blood, sweat and tears" aspects involved in identifying with this archetype. I don't entirely agree with Ms. Myss. I've played with the Sacred Contracts concepts on and off a couple of times throughout the years. At some point, I hit a Hogwash Nerve and put the whole thing back, but I like the archetype definitions in the back. They're handy for SoulCollage®, which is fine. The whole charting and mapping thing, however, is more tedious than I care to spend time on.

There are times, though, I muse over this concept of the Mystic. I don't know for certain if I'm of the Mystical variety, but I do identify with long fallow periods of doing The Everyday with the occasional epiphany tossed in for good measure. So. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

No matter. I had a lovely walk down the hill today in my usual mystical manner . . .
A bit of ground ivy.

Like the Nature Paparazzi, I just missed a herd of deer here.

Barely visible, a red-tail hawk.

A little closer, my dear.

And closer yet.

Dear Ruth, I finally had the free moment
to make myself a fine pot of Milk Oolong tea
in the Brown Betty and served up in my
humble brown tea bowl. Tea is indeed the
true Mystic's beverage.
Love, Dawn

2 comments:

Ashling said...

The cup of tea beside the teapot wrapped in that whimsical tea cozy would make a lovely framed photo...

Ruth said...

I wonder if Republic of Tea would pay for a photo like this?

Thank you for sharing that cuppa with me. That photo is inviting and filled with delightful color interplay.

You're an artist with a camera, too.