Tuesday, April 10, 2012

infusions, yogurt & gifties

As I was preparing Nettles and Oatstraw infusions, the gift from Ruth (a dear, thoughtful, rightfully frazzled friend) made its way to my front porch. Two tins of Republic of Tea ~ a fine Milk Oolong and a limited Rose Petal. A request was made to brew either tea in my Brown Betty with the cozy made some time ago and photograph it, but that will have to wait until later in the day or tomorrow morning. Time to sit and savor is quickly leaving the building. We wait for the van to come back from college everyday so the day doesn't get started off-site until noon. Which drives me bananas. More black tea early in the day will only exacerbate the fruity sensation.

In the meantime, goat milk is cooling and waiting for an addition of yogurt starter (which happens to be, plainly enough, plain yogurt). The infusions won't be ready for decanting until after dinner. They'll be ready for imbibing tomorrow morning.

Now. What to do about those beef bones I bought? I'm trying to find something in Nourishing Traditions, but the stock requires calf's foot. I didn't purchase a calf's foot. Maybe in this case parts is parts and I can wing it.

And what is lurking in the studio unfinished? Tomorrow's post may shed some light on that.

No comments: