Sunday, March 11, 2012

a Sunday compass

My view in the East.
For the past week or so, I've been involved with 10 Steps to Soothe Your Soul in Nature found at Essence of Wild. There were bumps and jerks to the week which didn't allow much time for being in Nature until this morning. In Step 7 of the Experience, one is to stand (barefoot if not too cold) and breathe deeply 70 times. I didn't do this barefoot today. Too cold and ground too unfamiliar for my feet.

After doing the breathing, I walked from center in each direction to find an object to signify that direction for my Medicine Wheel. A smooth rock in the East, a bit of bleached, dried wood in the South, a forked twig in the West and a phosphorous bit of wood in the North. I was pulled strongest by the East (it's the direction I took going off-road for this exercise) ~ the Sun, warmth, fresh beginnings. I left the Wheel in place once I said Goodbye to the Directions.

What a wonderful way to reconnect . . .
The Southern vista.

Our mountain in the West.

And the view to the North.

My Medicine Wheel of Nature.

No comments: