Wednesday, February 29, 2012

leap day snow

Hmm. Just when you think there won't be any snow for winter, it comes in early spring. Oh well. The youths are home from school. Tom did his first snow driving to and fro college. We all survived. He didn't see what the big deal was. Ah, the ignorant bliss of Youth!

Anyway, I squirreled myself away in the studio. Well, between the dining room fireplace and the studio ~ in which case "squirreled" might not be quite the correct verb. Maybe "sparrowed" would be better ~ a little more migratory. However, in my to and fro, I've managed to complete the outside front cover of my upcoming new journal. I am very excited about making this personal tome. I believe it will allow me the flexibility and freedom to create pages without the bonds of binding. I've even created a couple of pages, conveniently printed with crop marks, in Publisher. The photo collages were assembled in Photoshop, of course.

So this is my Leap Day fun. And then a nap with Jingo by Terry Pratchett.

Acrylic with a tempera wash.

Mod Podge addition for texture.


A wash of silver tempera over the textured
Mod Podge.
Last coat of Mod Podge over the whole
piece. C'est finis!

One of my journal pages for just writing.
Yes, those are my feet.

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Very cool, beautiful work and a great way to do a journal. And what an excellent way to spend a snowy day!

Ruth said...

I look forward to reading about your entries.