Wednesday, December 21, 2011

all I've got time for

With the flash to show the green.
While I've been watching Christmas with the Kranks or Deck the Halls, knitting has been getting done. Mistletoe, which I suspect is not only difficult to cultivate (what with the climbing of oak trees and all), but also costly is something I'd been wanting to get my hands on several xmases now. Silly that I hadn't thought to knit some up sooner. The pattern can be found here.

The last photo shows an experiment with making an I-chord with intermittent leaves. Could make an interesting neck wrap. Or a quick makeshift holiday noose if it all gets too crazy.

Short post. Guess what I have to do for the next three days.

Something a little closer. The leaves on the left were
knit on #8 dpn's; the other on #4 dpn's.

The leafy experiment.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

If local laws permitted, I could walk about half a minute away, aim my pistol, and take down dozens of large balls of mistletoe from a tree. We have quite the infestation around here, but it's pretty high up and alas, the local constabulary is "funny" about shooting firearms within city limits.