Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the house elf

Bread for tonight. More for tomorrow.
It is such a pleasure to have youths old enough to play with the flaming stove top! All of which frees me up to inflict more damage on the Dust Bunnies. While Bennie caramelized the apples for Sweet Potatoes w/ Caramelized Apples ala Martha Stewart, I vacuumed. This dish will go into the oven about an hour before it's served ~ give or take.

The bird and I will be up fairly early in the morning wrestling  after I have some oatmeal. Perhaps I should feed the bird some oatmeal and save on the stuffing . . .


Yams  looking disturbingly like a crime scene photo.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Any chance you could share that Sweet Potatoes w/ Caramelized Apples recipe?

Bennie looks . . . beautiful!

It just hit me that your family is a real FAMILY. Your kids will have real memories of their childhoods, and a feeling that there's a place called "home." That's priceless.