Monday, November 14, 2011

good lookin' wool

 But first: A beauty shot from last night's sunset. Another moment captured by Bennie.















On the desk, finished Shetland (brown) and Border Leicester (blues) spun and plied. That's one fleece down from last year and a souvenir from a my brother's trip to Canada. I have about 5 or 6 skeins of this Shetland ~ some with the blue Leicester and some with the crazy hot pink ~ and they all need setting. That process will probably make the yarn feel softer. I think it will do well for hats or maybe slipper-socks. The journal is open to a page showing a 1920 census from Gardner, MA where my grandmother lived. So bizarre to think of her as a 2-year-old. And to view hand-written records! It's kind of a treat. Terry Pratchett's Wintersmith is waiting in the wings as I finish I Shall Wear Midnight. Bennie is also enjoying Pratchett's Discworld series.




In this corner of the studio, the Millie is waiting to spin up this lovely roving-ball of mohair/wool. Looks like I've got a lot of this color and I might spin this with an eye toward making a lacy sweater or shawl. Looks can be deceiving though. I might end up with enough yarn for wristlets. So I'll keep project planning open-ended. At least I can spin while watching Harry Potter ad nauseum.
















Again, Brighid joins me on Vigil. Simple blessings, simple pleasures.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm catching up on your blog and enjoying all the pictures.

After what seems like a long hiatus, I've started doing some knitting projects again. Mind you, my fibers are not of the fine variety with which you work. I am cheap with the sheep. Also, I'm doing things for other people - people who need throw-it-in-the-washing-machine practicality. Maybe, someday, I'll get to make something for MYSELF.

Your painting is beautiful. Rumi's work keep cropping up amongst my friends. Hmmm.

Love to you, as always.