Sunday, May 01, 2011

a SoulCollage® triptych

First, the board is cut 8" x 15" (making three 5"-wide cards
On my way to the lake yesterday, I was marveling at Nature and Her beauty. Despite battling pollen this time of year, I still love to look at the trees and rocks. I mused about how I might go about making a SoulCollage® card depicting the connection with Nature I enjoy. Somehow, one 5" x 8" card didn't seem like enough. Thus the idea of a SoulCollage® Triptych was concocted. Maybe this triptych form could be used in different ways for something that seems too big. A story that has a beginning, middle and end. A life journey of some sort that would benefit from more than one card to depict that journey.
Images cut and laid out in a continuous form.


Using the frame to check placement.


Images in place and cut to size.


Cards cut to size.

Communion with Nature #1

Communion with Nature #2
Communion with Nature #3

4 comments:

Shiloh said...

This is so awesome! A great idea! I'll have to try this with some cards.

psiam said...

I often wonder what it would be like if you were teaching this process to others in a "classroom" environment.

Rosie Kaplan said...

Lovely idea. I might just well try it. thanks Love Rosie

Audrey Jensen-- said...

Wow, I love this! I have so many images to large for a single card.