Friday, February 11, 2011

the snakes needed names

Sometimes the perfect nudge to do something means moving it slightly to the left. For the longest time, I'd had the board set on the ground with this painting-in-progress on it until yesterday when I thought it would be better to get the board back up on the easel. Suddenly, I needed to paint.

After I filled in the sides with black and outlined all the snakes in black line, I sat back having a gander at the progress. The snakes started developing sentences . . . This is Dawn's mind on meditation. I am Dawn's anger. I need a flamethrower for this paperwork. I am Dawn's passive-aggressive tendencies. I am Dawn's compassion. It went on like that for awhile until I typed the sentences and printed them out. I'm going on my third set of random sentences. It's likely many of the words will be obscured with more paint, but it's cathartic for the moment so I'll run with it.


1 comment:

psiam said...

The eyes and chin of this painting are just mesmerizing.

Hmm. Too many squirmy thoughts all trying to get out at once?