Thursday, August 05, 2010

studio moodlings

Ah, SoulCollage! Keeps the mind and hands busy. I came up with these two images in the past couple of days. Don't know what they are just yet. Neither one has spoken to me. They are simmering, fermenting, germinating. I will most likely make a host of others and then sit down with everyone at a quiet moment and see where that all goes. On my personal agenda: gather photos of my mother for scanning and Photoshop play to make a SoulCollage card in her honor. Also one of my brother.



The table has received its second coat of pearlescent paint and is now drying in front of the fan. The humidity is merciless today. I'd go to the lake and stay there all day, but we've paperwork to slog through first. And the End of the Summer Boredom is beginning to set in with my youths. Well, not Tom ~ he's been busy all summer at the Rec Center volunteering. Ian sleeps most of the day and then annoys us by staying up late to play video games or watch his Scrubs DVD's until I'm hearing the banjo theme song in my dreams. Enough of that. Onward . . .


I've been spinning this mohair/wool blend in waiting rooms while Dirk has been visiting neurologists or orthopedists or any other variety of -ists to be endured in waiting rooms. When I'm waiting for my Muse to strike, I pick up the spindle (the very first I ever bought from the Sheep & Wool, in fact) and get a few yards done. The color reminds me of some kind of a sporty, eye-searing car. We saw one on a sales lot last spring. A Honda wagon the sales guy dubbed the Limonator. Dirk and I briefly toyed with getting it for Tom. We'd always know where he is. So would everyone else.


The reason I can get any of this done is some semblance of order has been bestowed upon the studio spaces. Now I have plenty of surfaces to make a mess again. The Handy desk is sporting a hermit crab I'm tending for my nephew. We're getting along swimmingly. Bennie is taking care of my niece's Beta fish ~ so innocuous I have to remind her to feed him. That's the thing with fish; they don't ask much.

2 comments:

Stephanie Thomas Berry said...

These pictures remind me of the importance of taking pictures of a clean studio (whenever that may be!)

The table is way cool. Jealousy.

Blessings on all your endeavors!
Stephanie

psiam said...

I'm enjoying going back through your last few posts. I've been AWOL and you've been busy.

I'm so in love with that monk's coat. Can't wait to see it finished, and hopefully, a picture of you wearing it.