Friday, May 28, 2010

on visual journalings past

I subscribe to Zen Habits blog feed. Creativity and solitude . . . my solitude has to be found in the middle of a crowd. I try to make my own Island of Creativity in the middle of chaos. Most times, I'm successful. Other times, the top of another mountain wouldn't be far enough.

I made myself read again the first chapters of Ganim & Fox's Visual Journaling ~ Going Deeper than Words. Along with the other self-imposed personal projects, I felt it was time to really work with the visual journaling exercises ~ maybe learn something this time 'round.

This is yesterday's image . . .








However, something prompted me to look at other journal entries I'd done; almost all of them were done at the lakeside beach amidst the cacophony of children swimming and building sand castles or counting the bobbing heads of those I was responsible for that day . . .








I am surprised I'd done so many without the benefits of doing all the exercises from the book. My very first entry was in 2000. Between two 11" x 14" sketchbooks, I have 10 years of visual journal entries. Not consistent, but a great many that carry deeper meanings than I ever realized at the time.
There were even a couple of these . . .

Conversational Comix with my Sticky One. It's as if it wasn't Me who created these things.

1 comment:

psiam said...

As always, even your passing fancies are beautiful and profound.