Wednesday, April 07, 2010

pollen

It's my third day on Claritin-D, 12 hour. Must be spring.

But that's not why I'm here, folks. I'm here to reveal the Plan. To begin, here is the Cast of Characters:

In this pile of wool are the Shetlands, Alissa and Kevin; the Romney, Sweetpea; a nameless, dark brown Blueface Leicester; and yet another nameless, soft brown Border Leicester (I think ~ I can find no notes on this yarn at present).






The Plan:

Sure, it doesn't look like much at the moment, but enough of these babies joined together and I'll have a large-ish, boxy, Buddhist monk-like sweater kind of thing. I like Simple Mindless/Mindful Knitting. Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge of multiple cables, lace knitting and turning a heel as much as the next knitter, but we're headed into summer. I want portability and ease. I want to see Beauty found in Simplicity and then figure out what I can do with all that once I've knitted up enough of 'em. That's all.


Just off the needles: the Matching By Thickness Socks based on these instructions. Where function is all that matters ~ looking pretty is completely secondary.







On a final note, by the good graces of Something Larger than myself, I'm enjoying a 46th year of life on this planet. When I'm done here, I'm going to Mars. Maybe Pluto, despite the demotion.

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Happy Birthday...belatedly, perhaps? Looking forward to see how the sweater goes.

psiam said...

Is that a skein of something with a paper wrapper I see hiding behind all those named and nubby wonders?