Friday, January 08, 2010

more diversionary tactics

Snowed again this morning. My level of disgust at the white stuff on the ground is mounting. Again, if I had nowhere to go later today, it wouldn't bother me.

But I digress.

I finished another Tahoe-like hat, modified from the latest Spin-Off. Fewer stitches cast-on (that messed with my decrease math later ~ gotta pay the piper somewhere) and a smaller needle. This version is a little more snug. All started and finished watching my mother's borrowed DVD of Julie & Julia in the comfort of the Big-Ass Red Chair with a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea. I must purchase my own copy and add it to the Never Leaves House Collection. It is an absolutely adorable movie and moves me like Bagdad Cafe (the movie, not the TV show) in its adorableness. I think I can face the rest of the day now.

But first, more fresh bread slathered with butter (salted) and hunks of cheddar cheese. They don't call a human's posterior gluteus maximus for nothing.


And a mere snippet from yesterday's journal entry . . .


Tonight, as it is finally Friday, I will find the next pattern to knit for my pair of socks. I'll just have to get to the computer before the boys do.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm so freakin' jealous that you can knit an entire hat during a single movie. I've been working on a single sock for weeks now (3 rows left).