Friday, November 27, 2009

post t-giving goodies

A pair of Comet hens we named after the Gabor sisters, Eva and Zsa Zsa (who has the flashy white ring of feathers 'round her neck), have started laying. It's a nice surprise for this time of year when the nights are long etc. etc., but we didn't know where they were hiding them until this morning. Like the coy women they were named after, Eva and Zsa Zsa were scooting off in different directions to add to their secret clutch of eggs ~ one in a niche of roots between the tree and the fence in the pen, the other at a corner of the house. All in all a little over 2 dozen eggs. Quiche anyone?



Here is the pattern beginnings of Bennie's Catnip Socks from Wendy Knits. Lace patterns require a bit of attention from me. I'm getting better. In fact, I'm considering watching TV and knitting this lace pattern simultaneously. These are the risks I take in life. Hopefully, the most I'll sustain is a mild limp.


No comments: