Thursday, August 27, 2009

stuff on the table

A chill is in the air. Late August, a time when one's thoughts and tasks turn to knitting a warm sock or two ~ if one is knitterly. Otherwise, one might be chopping wood or canning tomatoes. The spinning-in-progress is llama down. I'm not actively seeking to finish the down, merely spin when I feel like it or have some frantic time to kill. The sock pattern is from Interweave Knits. A little freebie from the Knitting Daily e-newsletter. This isn't progressing too quickly either as the pattern requires attention, something I'm having a hard time paying these days. It looks to be a sturdy and interesting rib. The feet should be happy this autumn.

Next week is school. I could have enjoyed at least another 2 weeks of summer vacation. I didn't get to do enough of nothing this past summer. Ah, well at least it'll be quiet 'round here during the day.

No comments: