Wednesday, August 19, 2009

creativity is . . .

After engaging in soul-sucking, joy-depriving T&M billing I had some fun. Red Hot Chili Peppers and White Stripes was somewhat cranked (the kids asked me turn it down!) and I got busy.

Yesterday, I kicked this painting off my easel. It was more boring than I thought it would be. I've lost the excitement of still life. I wasn't finding any fun in it. The finished piece shows the complete lack of fun. So it's signed and waiting for a decent drying and a coat of varnish. Even boring pieces should be preserved as a reminder.












Then I bumped into some crinkly purple artsy paper in my studio begging for paint. Although this shot doesn't show yesterday's beginnings, I'd started with some white paint and a brush, then abandoned the brush and used my hands. This is today's results so far with the brush and a little detail work. I don't know why, but I'd painted LOL with my fingers somewhere in the middle.









I got these eyes developing in my hands . . .














Laughable to think my creativity would stop in the studio is it? Well, when one has zucchini languishing about in one's fridge it's necessary to make . . . ah, the anticipation . . . zucchini bread.

The T&M billing paperwork was not available for comment or photos.

I'm going to nosh now. Maybe a little more X-Files to round out the day.




No comments: