Friday, July 10, 2009

feeling O'Keeffe-ish



Before I leave for the morning constitutional walk, here's a snap of the beaver skull in progress. As usual, I don't quite know where this painting will go, but the beginnings are tentative at best. I can tell when I've gotten rusty, but that's not what matters. What matters is that I show up at the easel and lose myself for a time ~ even if it's only 15 minutes. I don't know what kind of time I'll have today as my nephew and neice will be here later. My brother and I are trading kids. Tom and his girlfriend, Claire (technically not my child), will be sailing on the Hudson with him while Liam and Fiona hang out here at the lake. I'll see if I can fit in yoga, chicken feeding and then painting before launch.

I haven't touched the Icelandic sock in days and I'm still choking down Lonesome Dove.

And today, I walk without the dogs. Sometimes I just want to take my Self for a walk. At least I won't need a leash . . . I think.



1 comment:

Ruth said...

Why won't this let me leave comments?????

Of course, this will be the time it goes through.