Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The landscape of my landscape has changed!

This past weekend saw much moving of dirt ~ dirt owned and dirt purchased (a concept I still can't grasp). The first four pictures are of the future back yard. The fifth, shows a brand new sloping front yard. The mountain of native top soil has been spread to something far more manageable. Crystal will miss the mountain ~ it was her perch. My neice and nephew will miss it this winter too ~ it was their Bunny Slope for the sled.

Yes. There will be a lawn. Bodhi will enjoy green grass on her back as she rolls about. She'd been eyeing the neighbor's lovely green lawn as we walked by for a couple of years eager to jump leash and have at, but to her credit she's contained herself. I don't know that fresh green grass will matter much to Crystal. She rather enjoys a decent pile of deer scat or chicken guano . . . combing it out isn't fun for me, of course. Anyway, I'm excited about getting rid of rocks, lumps and bumps in my landscape. For the longest time it looked mighty lunar and uninviting.








I have one more square to knit before sending these to Africa. My personal goal is 10 squares. I'll probably start another 10 once these puppies are packed and gone.



Ah! Flowering comfrey!

No comments: