Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Holy crap! I'm on Vigil!

It kind of sneaks up on you when you're not looking.

Anyway, aside from tending Brighid's Flame until sundown today, I've been working this Monk's Satchel thing. Certainly not with a furious intensity, but just picking it up here and there throughout my day when I'm waiting. It's my 'Tween knitting. That's mostly because the knit pattern is so simple ~ Seed Stitch. Thus the practice of knitting becomes a series of mini-meditations for me.

My Inner Monk, however, felt it necessary to practice the art of resourcefulness. I don't know if Tibetan monks have access to local yarn shops where they might purchase Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80% cotton, 20% wool, 215 yd [197 m]/110g), colors #005, #880, and #930. I'm not a monk and I don't have access to all that right now. My Inner Monk said, "Look. If this satchel were to replicate an authentic monk's bag, almost nothing would match. So don't sweat it. Take that alpaca/Jacob blend in chocolate brown and add the unidentifiable purple-dyed gray handspun when necessary." I like monks.




No comments: