Friday, May 02, 2008

Fun dreary days

Today, it looks like this outside my studio window.












Dreary days are good for dealing with this . . .











by doing this . . .
This is the Border Leicester fleece I bought at the 2006 Sheep & Wool. It was waiting for me to get through the Rambouillet, not too patiently, I might add. Nothing crazier than a fleece nudging and winking at you to be scoured and spun ~ but that's my own sort of insanity, sprinkled with others, I'm sure.






Next to the pan of soaking wool are these . . .

Yes, eggs. Lot's of them. I think these are from yesterday and the day before. I've started putting the date of collection in pencil on each egg. If the date is too far back into the Wayback Machine, it gets chucked.







And for knitting nothingness, I'm making these . . .

Tree sweaters. Now before one thinks I've completely gone 'round the bend, here's proof that I'm in fair company: here, here, here, and here. What sparked this tree sweater idea in my own little part of the world was a desire to mark the dogwood tree after it's done blooming. (The dogwood can be seen from the big studio window in the photo up top.) And then I had these swatches lying around, so I figured I could use those and the as-yet-unraveled sweater I was de-constructing as well. Due to crazy pollination, I haven't ventured outside for long, but I hope to have some trees dressed by this weekend.

Back to the boiling vats . . .

1 comment:

wild-heart said...

::sigh::

Thank you for the view of the Hudson Valley. I miss it.

May you have better luck with your tree sweaters than I had with my Bill jacket.