Monday, March 24, 2008

Like Walking On The Sky At Midnight

A finished floor, not including kitchen and bathrooms or carpeting elsewhere. It's a thrill and a half. What's nicer is that I won't need to move the studio around for construction purposes again. (I'm ignoring Dirk's need for finished base trim. Out of sight, out of mind.) We're mulling over the use of bamboo for other areas in the house. One floor at a time . . .









In the meantime, in a fit of Donna Reed, June Cleaver and all the other 50's hausfraus, I ironed all these linen, mostly linen, and cotton napkins. They were rediscovered Easter morning looking for a decent linen table cloth for the holiday spread. Life's too short to save the Good Stuff for special occasions ~ so I dragged these out for everyday use. Many of these linens, matched with table cloths, are over50 years old. They are stained with that occasional use from back in the day. Since a good way to Green is to use cloth napkins, I think I'm ahead of the game by at least 20 sets of napkins.

My hands enjoyed the feel of the worn linen as I ironed. I love linen. I keep meaning to get myself a cone of some decent linen for weaving, but forget to do the research on what weight on I want. I think 20/2 is pretty fine and what I'd like for working some of that Lithuanian weaving. I need to read my Learning to Weave book and check that out.

Now . . . let's see if I can get some painting done tomorrow.

1 comment:

wild-heart said...

I'm having a bad night, so I'm surfing.

Dreamy skies underfoot! My nighttime sky is the amber glow of reflected city light as it pours rain yet again.

Lovely pile of napkins. I don't mind ironing those, but I absolutely HATE ironing tablecloths. I keep a bottle of dish soap next to the washer for all food grease stains on clothing and napkins.

Yeah, I'm babbling. It's the wrong time for me to be up.