Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Magical Orders, Spinning, Knitting & Ambient Lighting

This is what we're watching. It's nice to have the DVD ~ play, pause, rewind . . . don't talk to me about Tivo. I like the shiny disks. Nothing beats a pink hissy from Delores Umbridge on my own TV. Although, the better thing about having DVD is being able to spin in the comfort one's own home. Very difficult to do in a darkened theater and butter gets on the fiber making a future knit project smell like box-office popcorn.













My bit of magical spinning involves this soysilk/merino roving ~ spinning tight and smooth. There's only 4 oz so I'm not sure what to make of it yet.













Before sitting down to the Millie, I finished this uber-chunky hat made from the rest of Bennie's hat yarn and a couple of Cheap Thrills purchased at Patternworks, an orange and a gray of the Australian Cleckheaton Gusto 10, a wool/mohair/acrylic blend, single spun and very fat. This is my chunky winter hat, the kind of hat I won't care what I look like when wearing it. While not wildly stylish, I'll be warmer than Paris Hilton.




We installed an xmas gift in the sunroom over the fireplace ~ a four-candle sconce from Bethe and Bill. First shot with flash; second, clearly, without. Makes for that Hogwarts Gothic sort of feeling in the sunroom, my cozy cave with a window on the world.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Soysilk?

The scones are utterly gorgeous. Umm . . . what's with the writing on the bricks?

Ruth said...

Yargh! Sconces, not scones. Jeez . . .